Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mango Coconut Milk Icecream

I just realized I have been doing a completely horrid job of putting anything food related in this blog!  My apologies (I'll do better).  For now, I give you this:

Necessities

  • 1 can full fat coconut milk (don't skimp on the fat...its good for you)
  • 2 mangoes, chopped up
  • Cinnamon
  • Half a lime
  • Half a lemon
  •  Cayenne pepper
  • High quality honey (optional)

Steep the mangoes...mangoes, that's a funny looking word.  Oh look, a bird!  Excuse my ADD.  So, steep the mangoes, lemon/lime (without rind), and a pinch of cinnamon.  You could also use cinnamon sticks instead.  Once all the flavors are getting along, use an immersion blender (or regular, just make sure its cooled if using a normal one) to smooth it out.  Pop it in the freezer (or ice cream machine if you're lucky) and stir occasionally until its to the desired consistency.  Finish it with the tiniest amount of cayenne pepper and honey if you wish.  SO GOOD!  This is also incredible as a warm soup.  My good friend Kory and I have made this twice now.  The first time none of it survived and never even got cold enough to be considered ice cream.  Its that good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment