Friday, August 23, 2013

Post Race Laziness and Getting My Mojo Back

Ever since Rev3 Dells 70.3 I have been in a bit of a funk.  Granted it was only 2 weeks ago, it was my last big race of the 2013 season.  Training for something is a big part of any triathletes life, so having that lack of motivation can bring on an onslaught of different feelings and emotions.  Where am I going with this?  I'm not quite sure to be honest.

No, I'm not depressed.  No, I'm not actually being lazy.  I just have a lack of structure right now, which feels awesome.  After Rev I tweaked my right leg a bit and its been very slow to come around.  Luckily, I've still been able to swim/bike/run...only, I've been taking it very easy.  There are still a couple of sprint tris left to do, but only if I'm in a position to race hard and not further injure myself.  So I'll most likely be playing those races by ear.  If not, I'm also signed up to race a half mary in November!

For the time being, my only focus is active recovery and utilizing my extra free time.  Its been great to catch up with friends I have spent far too little time with, having been so busy with triathlon the last 2 seasons.  I feel I'm at a point in this sport where I can continue to perform at the level I'd like to while still being able to focus on other areas of my life.  Once you figure this crazy sport out it truly is amazing.  Its all about proper time management and prioritizing what needs to get done.  

I'll eventually get a RR out for Dells 70.3, but the short version is miserable weather and a solid result.  I had my best run yet for the 70.3 distance on a hilly course!  Other than that, I'm really looking forward to IMWI weekend as its fast approaching.  Lots of friends racing, its going to be an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment