Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Gazpacho

Cold gazpacho has been a staple of mine during the warmer months.  Its simple, refreshing, and great for your health!  While there are many different ways to make it, I prefer a very simple version.  Adding in red onion is very common, but I don't like having raw onion breath all day.

You'll need the following:

- 4 to 5 small tomatoes or 2 large
- 1 bell pepper (any color will do)
- 1 cucumber peeled and seeded
- Garlic
- Salt/pepper
- Good olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar (2 T)



Chop everything up and throw in a blender or food processor and pulse until it gets to your desired consistency.  Simple!  I'd say 1 batch of this will store well for up to a week, but I can't say for sure because this only lasts me a few days at most.  Enjoy : )


Ready for emulsifying

Finished product!








No comments:

Post a Comment