Monday, November 26, 2012

Holiday training, Packers loss, and waiting on Wattie!

With deer hunting and Thanksgiving behind me, I am feeling fatter than ever!  Jokes aside, I think the post IM weight is slowly creeping back on, which is something I was expecting.  The holiday season is the perfect time to put back on a little weight, because mid November through the new year is always the time for me to indulge and not feel too bad about enjoying things I would normally feel guilty about imbibing in.

While I think it is important to let my body rest this time of year, I am certainly remaining active, with my eyes set on partaking in activities that I normally don't have time for during peak training.  Right now I am following a very unstructured training schedule.  I swim, bike and run whenever I feel like it (which is pretty much every day) and also take some time to enjoy strength training and yoga.  I also recently ran the Berbee Derby 10k.  I really wanted to crack 37 minutes, but hunting the weekend before (i.e. lots of whiskey and wonderfully unhealthy food) with a combination of forgetting my inhaler lead to a poor race, compared to what I was hoping to run.  I did manage to run in the 38's, but I know my fitness is better than that.

Anyway, I digress.  WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PACKERS LAST NIGHT?!?!?!  I was expecting a tough game, but did not expect we would never have a fighting chance.  My beloved Packers looked like they played with no heart.   The (va)Giants absolutely destroyed us.

FINGERS CROSSED FOR WATTIE TEAM ELITE!

I recently applied to be on the elite team Wattie.

I will find out if I am accepted in a couple of weeks, until then I will keep praying and hoping I get onto the team.  The culture is awesome (as well as the kits) and I would love the opportunity to represent the W during my 2013 season.  Hopefully, more to come on that later...

Until then, happy holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment