Tuesday, November 12, 2013

2013 Is a Wrap!

Its been awhile since my last post.  For anyone who does read this, its likely we share a similar lifestyle.  So you know how the end of the season is.  Free time is abundant, everything is sore, and motivation is not there.  I wouldn't have it any other way!  Tri season wrapped up nicely with a couple of wins, after which I took a much needed (but short) break before getting ready for my last running race of 2013, Tyranena 13.1.  All I wanted was a PR, and that's exactly what happened.

A couple of weeks before Tyranena, I decided to jump into the UW Running Club 15k.  I did this race last year, so this was a good opportunity to see where my fitness was compared to 1 year ago.  Although my running fitness felt like it wasn't there, I was happy to run 12 seconds faster.  That's not much, but I'm almost certain the course was longer than 2012.  Some construction in Warner park caused the end to be slightly different....and it just felt longer.  Anyway, this run gave me confidence I would hit my goal of a PR in the coming weeks.

Tyranena went as well as I could have hoped.  My weekly run mileage was really lacking...maybe 20 miles per week, which isn't much.  I hit a PR of about 2 minutes at 1:22:30 on a fairly hilly course.  One of these years I'd like to see what I can do with proper run volume.

One last thing.  This past Sunday I helped out the Fleet Feet pacing team at the Madison fall half.  Troy and I co-paced the 1:40 group, which was so much more fun than expected!  Sign me up again!  Now that that's out of the way, I'm looking forward to some much needed R&R before I starting building up again for IMWI next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment