Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WI Sprint Championship!

T-minus 4 days will be Lake Mills sprint tri, which will be my first race of the season!  The running joke is that it is the "Wisconsin world sprint championship".  Most local athletes are geared up and primed to race 'the Mill'.  I always look forward to this day because everyone is so excited to get back out and do what we love.  Racing and triathlon.

In all seriousness, this race is almost always stacked with really fast people.  Last year I had my best sprint race by a long shot and (I think) barely cracked the top 15.  It must be all the beer, brats and cheese over the winter months.  All that energy needs to go somewhere...

As for my expectations, I am hoping to just beat my time from last year.  I'm very happy with all 3 disciplines at the moment and should be able to beat last years time by a considerable amount, on paper anyway.  You never know over a sprint distance.  Any mistakes will take me completely out of the pointy end.  Let's hope for some good weather!  Also, I just got the pre-race butterflies typing this up.  That's a good thing : )

If you are looking for a last minute race this weekend sign up here!  Awesome event!

No comments:

Post a Comment