Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Magical Crock Pots

Anyone who says they can't cook is full of shit.  Period.

If you are one of those hopeless kitchen people, the ones who burn everything, can't figure out how to boil water, or are forever attached to grab and go food or salads...get a crock pot!  Seriously.

I generally use mine for making large batches of chili, soups, etc.  They are also a must for keeping large quantities of food up to temp for parties and whatnot.  But, I tried something new (for me) yesterday.  Before I left for work, I put some extra pork shoulder I had from a New Years party in the pot, left it on low, and headed out for work.  Its amazing how something so minimal in terms of ingredients can come out so tasty.  The only things I put on the shoulder were salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and cayenne pepper.  By the time I got home the entire apartment smelled of wonderful, succulent pork and it was fall off the bone tender.  This would work with any large cut of meat.

And if you don't eat meat, throw in all of your favorite veggies, some liquid and some seasoning and I'm willing to bet something appetizing will come out of it.  Haven't tried it yet but you can bet your ass I will be soon.  Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment